Download Audio Budget & Grants Officer at African Wildlife Foundation Mp3 DownloadStream Budget & Grants Officer at African Wildlife Foundation and Download Mp3 below
Reporting to the Budgets and Grants Manager, the Budget and Grants Officer– (BGO) will oversee the initial set-up of broad range of federal, non-federal government and privately funded grants, including proper maintenance of documentation thereof. The BGO will maintain AWF’s multi-year budget ledger by ensuring the same reflects AWF internal approved work plans and agrees with the donor approved budget. He will coordinate monthly budget phasing from both Program and Support teams and will ensure all budget projections are updated in the respective budget ledgers. The BGO will support pre and post-award management, grant audits, grants receivable, internal monthly life of the grant reports, budget compliance and financial reporting to donors.
This position will be based in Nairobi but will require occasional trips to other AWF offices for training and support.
Organize and disseminate key budget and grant information
- Receive and organize all documentation relating to new Awards and Modifications, summarize key donor conditions on a Grant Data Sheet and distribute appropriate key information to Finance staff, and Program team, Management Systems team and Program Design team in a timely manner;
- Provide capacity building to Program, Support and Field Finance staff on key donor contractual requirements and AWF best practices in Budgets.
- Proactively disseminate information about up-coming grant milestones (grants coming to an end, reports due, grants closed, etc.) to respective staff (Donor Relationship Managers, Program Managers, Finance Staff, Admin Staff, etc.) to ensure compliance with the grant conditions
- Review and perform real-time maintenance of the Grant and Budget Ledgers by ensuring the two ledgers are reconciled to harmonize Donor approved budget vs AWF internal work plan budgets
- Post budget adjustments in the Budget ledger on a timely basis.
- Administer Unanet timesheet system, ensuring timesheet updates and adjustments are in accordance with the organizational approved operating budget.
- Tracking and posting monthly in-kind/matching contribution documentation for grants with matching requirements;
- Ensure spending that do not align with approved budgets are adequately approved and reclassified in the accounting system.
Grant financial management and Compliance
- Run and share weekly/monthly grant spending reports and analyze for correct spending pattern and compliance to donor budget; flag to Budget and Grants Manager, Director of Finance and respective Program Design staff or donor point of contact on any key highlights requiring action;
- Run bi-weekly grants receivable and advances to ensure accurate and timely donor invoicing and drawdowns;
- Ensure all grants spending are on track and provide reports on any budget risks promptly;
- Support the Grant close-out process to ensure that grants are closed out within budget and established timeframes;
- Assist in completing accurate and timely monthly grants close out checklist;
- Assist in preparation of donor reports for final review and sign off by the Senior Budget and Grants Officer and Budget and Grants Manager
- Carry out monthly grant transactional review for compliance with donor regulations.
- Conduct continuous grant/sub grant field compliance review and capacity building of AWF field staff and sub grantee staff on compliance requirements
- Assist with grant audits by preparing the required schedules and reports for review.
- Assist in Grant and compliance with donor rules and regulations;
- Assist in preparation of annual and multi-year budget plans;
- Prepare and assist in developing ad hoc reports or cost analysis;
- Support in completion of accurate and timely monthly grants close out checklists;
- Provide financial assistance during proposal development by Program Design;
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Budget and Grants Manager and Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience, at least within a donor funded nonprofit organization
- Solid knowledge of grant management principles, including U.S. government funding, European Union and German donors
- French is a plus
- Experience communicating financial information to a non-financial audience
- Ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Strong technical skills, including MS Excel, and ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases
- Ability to manage competing priorities, exercise good judgment, and quickly identify and resolve problems with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional
- Ability to provide good customer service with patience and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff, partners and donors
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote areas
- As this position is heavily anchored in AWF’s conservation programs, the successful candidate must have a strong interest in and understanding of conservation.
The post Budget & Grants Officer at African Wildlife Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.